Shelter Wish List
We are excited to announce that construction has begun on our renovation project to bring our two shelter services buildings together under one roof. With this change we are faced with limited space for donations. Going forward, we will be asking for donations on an as-needed basis to help keep our limited space safe and easily accessible.
We will be posting ongoing needs here on our website as well as on our social media pages. If you would like to make a donation, please contact Kaity@barrieshelter.com
Currently, the shelter is in need of the following items:
- Gift Cards.
When is a gift card so much more than just a gift card?It’s when that gift card offers choice, options, and possibilities.
The women who come to our door come with a variety of complex needs. The shelter supports each woman individually meeting each need 100% despite cost or complexity. Gift cards are an essential piece to the shelter’s budget as it allows us to purchase what we need, when we need it.
- Grocery Stores
- Department/Retail Stores (Wal-Mart, Winners)
- Pharmacies (Shoppers Drug Mart, PharmaPlus, Pharmasave)
- Gas cards
- Bus Passes
- Home Furniture Stores & Hardware Stores
- Long distance calling cards
- Activities for women & children: Glow in the Dark Mini Golf, Cinema, Bowling, Smart Moves, Gym passes
- School Safe Snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, fruit cups, applesauce, cookie & cracker pouches, etc)
- Juice Boxes
Thank you for thinking of us! It is the kindness of people in our community and their generous support of the Women & Children’s Shelter that make it possible for us to support abused women and children in the Barrie and surrounding area. We are truly grateful.
- For hygienic and health and safety reasons we accept donations of new items only.
- If you would like to make a donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you would like a charitable tax receipt, please provide at time of donation: original purchasing receipts (or copies), full name or company name and full mailing address.
- Some donated items may be used for auction, raffle or other fundraising events.
If you have gently used items, please consider donating to some of these local programs:
- Glowing Hearts Community Give & Get: accepts new and gently used household items, clothing for men, women & children
- Dress for Success: suits and other professional apparel for women
- Salvation Army Thrift Store: clothing, shoes & accessories electronics as well as toys, books, CD’s, VHS, DVD’s, housewares, linens, crafts, some tools, baby items and more.
- ReStore/Habitat for Humanity: household items and furniture, building supplies