Shelter Wish List
Thank you for thinking of us! It is the kindness of people in our community and their generous support of the Women & Children’s Shelter that make it possible for us to support abused women and children in the Barrie and surrounding area. We are truly grateful.
If you would like to offer your support, here are some guidelines and a list of the much needed items to help the women and children that use our services:
- For hygienic and health and safety reasons we accept donations of new items only. If you have used donations, please consider taking them to the Salvation Army Thrift Store at 11 Essa Road or the Glowing Hearts Community Give & Get.
- While we happily accept your donations, from time to time we may have extra food, clothing or other donations that we try to share with our community partners such as the Barrie Food Bank.
- Some donated items may be used for auction, raffle or other fundraising events.
- As of January 1st, 2018 the Women & Children’s Shelter will no longer accept any clothing, new or used. Due to the generous donations from our community, we are at capacity with our clothing supplies. In the future if we need clothing items we will put out a specific request for those items. Thank you for your understanding of this change.
- If you would like to make a donation, please contact Kaity@barrieshelter.com for more information.
- If you would like a charitable tax receipt, please provide at time of donation: original purchasing receipts (or copies), full name or company name and full mailing address. Thank you so much for your support!
Currently, the shelter is in need of the following items:
- Gift Cards
- Grocery Stores
- Department/Retail Stores (Wal-Mart, Winners)
- Hardware Stores (Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, Giant Tiger, Dollarama )
- Pharmacies (Shoppers Drug Mart, PharmaPlus, Pharmasave)
- Gas cards, Home Furniture Stores
- Restaurants and Fast Food Restaurants
- Long distance calling cards
- Activities for women & children: Glow in the Dark Mini Golf, Cinema, Bowling, Smart Moves, Gym passes
- Home Cleaning Supplies: bleach, Lysol, brooms, windex, floor mops, Mr. Clean, dish soap, hand soap, toilet paper
- Children’s lunch items: juice boxes, cheese and cracker kits, cookies, other nut free snacks
- Dietary Supplement: Pediasure, Pedialite, Glucerna, Ensure
- Perishable food items: sandwich meat, cheese, orange juice, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh meat products, milk, yogurt
- Non-perishable food items: coffee, hot and cold cereals, peanut butter, jam, honey, nutella, cheese spread, canned food, chef boyardee
- Baby products: diapers – sizes 4-6, pull ups, baby wipes, hooded baby towels, receiving blankets, baby powder, shampoo, rash cream, baby oil, crib sheets, baby monitors, baby toys
- Hygiene products (tampons), Conditioners, shampoos, deodorant & razors (male & female)
- Laundry soap (he), liquid fabric softener (he), dish soap, laundry fabric sheets, bleach
- Pajamas, house coats, slippers, underwear in ALL sizes….for women, male teens, children, toddlers and bras in all sizes.
- Household items: bath towels, twin & double sheets, bedspreads, pillows, metal or plastic table lamps, alarm clock radios